Artful Thursdays Post #4
Burlap & Tulle Bobby Pins
After creating my niece's birthday party invites I had a bunch of small tulle scraps left over. I decided to create some cute little bobby pins! So first I gathered my materials:
2 Vintage Buttons
2 Bobby Pins
Staz On Jet Black Ink
Little Birdie Stamp (www.asspocketproductions.etsy.com)
1. Hand cut petals out of burlap. About 7-8 per flower.
2. Take cut petals and line them up side by side on a piece
of scrap paper.
3. Using Staz On Ink stamp with little birdie stamp on burlap
pieces. Let dry.
4. Cut 1/4" circle out of felt scraps.
5. Layer burlap petals & tulle scraps on felt circle.
Sew pieces securly onto felt circle.
6. Sew button onto center of the circle.
7. Adhere to bobby pin
I created a few of these and used some older button packaging and created little gifts for some of my friends.