Thursday, April 15, 2010
Artful Thursday Spool Necklace
I received a fun little package in the mail yesterday full of wooden spools, bits of vintage goodies, butttons and such! So I was inspired to create a fun little necklace. The necklace will be sold in my etsy shop with all the proceeds going to the Greater Hope Orphanage in Cambodia.
Small Wooden Spool
Strip of vintage fabric (I used this fun polyester shirt that was stained but still a lovely fabric).
Vintage Sheet Music Scrap
Charms, vintage costume jewelry
1. Adhere strip of vintage sheet music around the wooden spool.
2. Loop strip of fabric to create a neckhole then measure, tie a knot where wanted.
3. Thread wooden spool onto the fabric strips, knot at the end of the spool.
4. Attach charms, vintage jewelry with leftover strips at end of the spool.
5. Tie another fabric strip to the top of the fabric strips above the wooden spool.
And TA-DA! You have a cute and fun necklace! Add more embellishements to make it a really dazzling necklace!